Training for Executives
Get the insights to create high-performing organizations and launch programs of change.
|Leadership for results – Deming Method||4-days workshop|
for company-wide change programs
Leadership for Results – Deming Method
Deming taught management methods based on understanding a company as a system, the nature of variation, a better theory of learning and human psychology.This workshop is based on Deming’s seminars on leadership and is presented by professionals experienced in this method.
Upon completion, executives will have gained a new view of the meanings of leadership, customer service and quality.
- A chain reaction from quality to prosperity
- Drawbacks of mainstream management methods
- Quality and the consumer
- New principles for leadership and education
- The operational definition: beyond meeting specifications
- Using standards and regulations
- Reaching a stable system of production: common and special causes of variation
- Reducing total cost from inspection to finished product
- Organizing to improve quality and productivity
- Improving quality of life
Hoshin Planning for company-wide change programs
Hoshin planning is used to deploy high-level strategy down to managerial objectives and initiatives.In this way department-level projects become prioritized and aligned with strategy to increase business value.For this reason, Hoshin planning precedes successful company-wide deployments of any critical program of change.Avoid starting with “just some training” or “just a trial here and there.”
Upon completion, the organization will be ready to start an aligned program of change.
- Validating company-wide strategy
- Refine and balance strategic improvement areas
- Identify and align management objectives
- Define projects of improvement and innovation
- Create a program of change with prioritized, phased projects
- Launch and staff projects, schedule education programs